This page contains the copyright information for The WinkProgress Network, its website (hereafter “The Site”) located at http://thedailyedge.net, and its associated social media accounts.
Please read this page carefully, as it contains valuable information about our rights as the authors and owners of the content; your rights to view, copy and share the content; and what you should do if you feel that your copyright has been infringed upon.
1. We Have All Rights In The Site and Content; You Grant Us Certain Rights When You Submit Content to Us:
(a) The Site (including all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content contained on The Site) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. All individual articles, blogs, videos, content and other elements comprising The Site are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of our licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have all rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained on The Site.
(b) By posting or submitting content on or to The Site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise, including comments posted on content by other authors), you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on The Site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
(c) You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and The Terms; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and The Terms. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (IV) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to The Site we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other WinkProgress-branded environments.
2. You Have Rights if You Believe Your Copyright is Being Infringed: The WinkProgress Network respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use The Site do the same. It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on The Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
(1) the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
(2) identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit The WinkProgress Network to locate the material, including the full URL.
(4) your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
(5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(6) a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If The WinkProgress Network receives such a claim, The WinkProgress Network reserves the right to refuse or delete The Content, and/or to terminate a user’s account. Our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act OF 1998 (“DMCA”) is Greg Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After receiving a claim of infringement, The WinkProgress Network will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, The WinkProgress Network will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. The WinkProgress Network will take reasonable steps to expeditiously notify the subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to such material.
Upon receipt of a proper counter notification under the DMCA, The WinkProgress Network will promptly provide the person who provided the initial notification of claimed infringement with a copy of the counter notification and inform that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days. Additionally, The WinkProgress Network will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless The WinkProgress Network’s designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the initial notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on The Site.
You may provide us with a counter notification by providing our copyright agent the following information in writing:
(1) your physical or electronic signature;
(2) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled, including the full URL;
(3) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(4) your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which The WinkProgress Network may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of infringement.
3. Your Use of Our Content is Encouraged, and Only Somewhat Restricted: The entire point of the WinkProgress Network is to encourage the sharing and distribution of the Content provided by its members, including but not limited to videos, images, quotations, articles, or any other content format.
However, it is also important that the original creators of The Content receive credit for their creative work. As such, all content on The Site is provided under the Creative Commons – Attribution-ShareAlike License.
Under the terms of this license, you MAY: copy and share content found on this website as freely as you like, provided that 1) you give credit to the original author and mention the source of the work as the WinkProgress Network website, and 2) you do not alter the work in any way that substantively alters the message or meaning of the work.
Under the terms of this license, you MAY NOT: remove any text or images that identify the original author of the work, or include the work to be sold in any package or compilation for which you will charge money. This work is to be shared freely, or not at all.
For more details and full legal documentation, please see the official license site at the Creative Commons website.